Can somone explain apple's confusing system to me...

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a macbook pro, iphone, ipdad, and appltv. Basically almost everything.

I just bought a movie on my apple TV. Forget the fact that it says it will take 1 hour before I can begin watching it, and that I have a 100mb/s download speed from my ISP. The problem is that I can't get the movie on any of my other devices. I thought that is the idea.
I bought a movie on my mac, and it showed up in apple tv. Why not the other way? Or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
iTunes will have to download it or look under purchased on your devices .. Also sometimes streaming is slow trying changing the DNS on Apple TV to 8.8.8.8

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Was it an HD movie? According to this page those can't transfer: iTunes 10 for Mac: Rent movies from the iTunes Store

Also see this page: iTunes Store: Movie rental frequently asked questions (FAQ)

"If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it?s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer."

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Massie, this was a purchased movie, not rented. So I don't think what you wrote applies here. But thanks anyway.

Ok, it shows up in itunes in my IOS devices, but not my MAC. When I go to itunes, and I click on "purchased", it does not show. I clicked Store-->Check for available downloads, and it doesn't find anything.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW