- iMore Beginner
- 74 Posts
iCloud Backup Data.
My question relates to the way iCloud backs up App data, be it when you perform a manual backup or when it backs up automatically when locked & charging.
For my iPhone 4S, I'm currently using 1.2GB of my 5GB of storage.
When my iCloud does a backup, is it consuming 1.2GB of data over the Wi-Fi network each time, or does it simply add or subtract the data that it needs to?
I would hate to think that iCloud is using 1.2GB of my net allowance every night when backing up.
Thanks in advance guys'n gals
- 04-25-2013, 06:38 AM #2iPhone Beginner
- 61 Posts
Re: iCloud Backup Data.
iCloud uses the space shown in the screen where you initiate a manual backup independent of starting a manual or automatic backup.
It's a differential backup where only changed data on your device replace older versions on iCloud.
I recommend to delete the backup every one or two months because the space used will then be reduced up to 10%.
- 04-25-2013, 09:50 AM #3
- 04-25-2013, 09:58 AM #4
- 05-08-2013, 04:30 PM #5
- By ghostface147 in forum iCloudReplies: 17Last Post: 12-30-2011, 09:31 AM
- By csal80 in forum iCloudReplies: 3Last Post: 10-14-2011, 11:02 AM
- By briankeith513 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 8Last Post: 08-28-2011, 06:49 AM
- By Jimbos Jumbos in forum iPhone 4Replies: 5Last Post: 01-06-2011, 09:12 AM
- By jamesbond0793#IM in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2010, 06:42 PM