iCloud Backup Data.

mglivesey

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
My question relates to the way iCloud backs up App data, be it when you perform a manual backup or when it backs up automatically when locked & charging.

For my iPhone 4S, I'm currently using 1.2GB of my 5GB of storage.

When my iCloud does a backup, is it consuming 1.2GB of data over the Wi-Fi network each time, or does it simply add or subtract the data that it needs to?

I would hate to think that iCloud is using 1.2GB of my net allowance every night when backing up.

Thanks in advance guys'n gals ;)

iNotes4You

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
iCloud uses the space shown in the screen where you initiate a manual backup independent of starting a manual or automatic backup.
It's a differential backup where only changed data on your device replace older versions on iCloud.

I recommend to delete the backup every one or two months because the space used will then be reduced up to 10%.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I backup to iCloud once a week and to iTunes every couple of days or so.
I never backed up to iCloud at all until a month ago and now this is my same routine. Once a week to the Cloud and every few days to iTunes or when I have app updates where it backs up the same time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2