Email Delete Mirroring - Can I Stop It?
Strange question, but here goes. I have my Verizon email addressed forwarded to my iCloud because I got sick of dealing with ads, etc when retrieving my email on a PC. The only problem or thing I don't like is that whenever I delete an email off my phone it also deletes off my PC. Can this be stopped? I've looked around at my settings and I don't think it can be done, but I'm hoping...
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
- 04-04-2013, 07:05 AM #2
Re: Email Delete Mirroring - Can I Stop It?
No. This is the nature of Exchange or IMAP email. Every time you open an email client, on your iPhone, your PC, your Mac, whatever, you are looking at the server. All changes to the server are permanent, and will be reflected on all devices on which you view your email.
You might want to look at setting up some folders so that you can clear your inbox without deleting emails, and just move them to a folder where you can get back to it later.
- By happycamping in forum iOS 5Replies: 18Last Post: 06-24-2013, 10:28 AM
- By wamadden4 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-08-2013, 02:22 AM
- By gern blanston in forum iOS 5Replies: 5Last Post: 01-30-2013, 03:54 PM
- By kmb3333 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 16Last Post: 11-10-2012, 01:29 PM
- By leharris22 in forum OS X / macOSReplies: 4Last Post: 02-18-2012, 01:08 AM