Icloud contact help

briankbart1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to move over to the cloud completely from Gmail but having issues........i moved all of my contacts over and now they are duplicating on my wife's phone because we share Icloud storage....how do i fix it and should i just stay with gmail....they took the exchange away and now i have a separate app for the mail and it sucks......

any suggestions....

Thanks You B

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suppose the simplest way is for the both of you to 'temporarily' delete your iCloud account from your iPhones and do not keep the contacts on your device if asked. Now, from a computer, login to www.icloud.com and make sure your contacts are intact. Remove any duplicates. If you have calendar entries, now would be a good time to check them as well. After everything is to your satisfaction, reconfigure iCloud on your iPhones. Your contacts, etcetera should mirror what is on the iCloud website.

As for gmail, you DO NOT need a separate app just for it. The native mail app can be configured for Gmail. No, it won't be push mail, but it is still a viable option. Besides, you can always have it as a secondary account for miscellaneous use or something.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro