Difference Between iCloud Account and "@icloud.com" Account?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little late to iCloud, but there are some features I'm interested in using, so I've set up a new @icloud mail address. I'm a little confused, though, on the difference between my Apple ID and my iCloud mail...do I have a separate password for my mail account, or is it just created under the wider umbrella of my Apple ID (meaning whenever I need to use my @icloud mail I'd just log in with my Apple ID)?

Probably an obvious thing to people who are already using it, but it threw me off during the creation process.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Your iCloud account is attached to whichever AppleID it was created under...if that makes sense.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It is funny that I ran across this thread because I wanted to do the same as Massie and just now got off the phone with Apple asking the same as he is asking..

Apples answer to me. I already have an iCloud acct with my present apple ID that shows under my mail accts where iCloud and gmail is listed. I asked the same as he and they told me that if i selected iCloud and then turned on my iCloud email and "Created" a @icloud email I was in fact creating a 2nd iCloud acct with the new @icloud email.

As far as then going to iCloud on the internet I could sign on with my new @iCloud or my old apple id which I have had forever and could choose same passwords for both.

Hope you understand this in my explanation so I would have 2 iCloud accts with 2 different Apple IDs now. I would just have to be careful when as I do sync and backup to itunes what I am signed in as if I have different info on the @iCloud ID than I do on the other Apple ID.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711