iCloud email on aPC

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi.
I have been using iCloud for my calendars and contacts for ages now and it works perfectly for me.

However, I am now migrating my email to iCloud also.

Why is my email activity mirrored between my iPhone5 and iPad4, yet when I log in to iCloud via my PC, any messages I might have deleted or moved on either of my iDevice's are still showing in the inbox on my PC.

For example: I receive an email, read it on my iPhone and delete it. On my iPhone that email is sent to the Trash folder. If I check on my other iDevice, the deleted email is in the Trash as it should be. However, on the PC the email is still showing in my inbox.

Why does this happen and is there a way around it please?

Thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't use iCloud email a lot, but don't see this happening with my account. I know it's always been an issue with Gmail though.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Could be. But its driving me mad. Having to do everything twice.

I archive emails on any iDevice, but when I log into iCloud on my PC the same emails are still in my Inbox, so I have to archive them again!

I just don't know how to sort it out. I have checked all configuration options I can fine (not that there are many), but nothing works.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if its related but I noticed in Outlook with the iCloud plugin that an archive folder doesn't exist. So maybe when you archive it is doing something that the iCloud plugin is incapable of doing. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Well. I actually stumbled upon the solution myself. With hindsight it's obvious, but I will tell you as it can possibly help others at a later time.

When I was accessing iCloud on my PC, I was signing in with my AppleID, I thought this was the only way to.
Then, out of pure curiosty, I signed in with my iCloud email address (this is different to my AppleID, obviously).

As if by magic, It all works and seemlesly 'mirrors' all my iOS devices, just as it should.

Hope this will help others.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711