Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What if you lost Apple ID and iCloud, then the Hacker cloning your iPhone/iPad??

I lost my Apple ID to the hacker, then he did change my Apple ID name.
    After that, he did cloning my iPhone by using ‘restore from iCloud’ function.

I tried to do many thing to verify myself with Apple support team but I couldn't do it. Because the hacker did Delete my credit card information and change 'Security Question". These 2 things are required for verification process of myself. But, as you know, the hacker did change it!!

Apple security policy NEEDs a BIG IMPROVEMENT to deal with this issue.
    If just the hacker can get Apple ID, then, delete credit card info and change security question, Apple HAVE NO other alternative solution to HELP the customer at all.

I beg Apple support to solve this issue many time, but they couldn’t help me. Now, the hacker has another iphone same as me. He knew all my information, bank account, personal address, pictures on my photosteam, contact, note and information kept inside each Apps.

This story was raised to Thai police already on 29 Nov. (My ID was stolen on 28 Nov).

By Apple security system, I do believe Apple can help me to get my Apple ID back and wipe off the data on hacker's iphone when connect to internet.
    But, they won’t do it for good customer??

Any suggestion for me to deal with this problem???
    Anyone can advise me person of Apple who can help me stop this CRIME??
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default What if you lost Apple ID and iCloud, then the Hacker cloning your iPhone/iPad??

Do you have emails from apple saying this info was changed ? That could help you prove it

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Re: What if you lost Apple ID and iCloud, then the Hacker cloning your iPhone/iPad??

Yes, I have 4 email generated from Apple 'Account Info Change'. But I don't know the person who i can send the email to...
    Also, they told me that Apple doesn't accept the previous information. What they need for verification is only 'Current Information' (which had been changed totally)

I always tell them that I'm ready to show all document, my purchase history from App store, receipt from iTune, my ID or passport, and even fly to Singapore to show myself in front of them. But NO APPLE POLICY TO ACCEPT ALL OF THIS. What they need are answer of security question (changed by hacker) and/or last 4 digit of credit card (deleted by hacker).
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: What if you lost Apple ID and iCloud, then the Hacker cloning your iPhone/iPad??

For the hacker to reset your security questions, he/she would had had access to your email and password. If this is true, you have bigger problems than an AppleID/iCloud issue.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolpho Rodriguez View Post
    For the hacker to reset your security questions, he/she would had had access to your email and password. If this is true, you have bigger problems than an AppleID/iCloud issue.
    Probably same password for email as iCloud

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

The hacker got my Apple ID and password. So, he could access and see all my info.
    I got 3 e-mail generated by Apple 'Account Info Change'. I can show them to Apple support team. In addition, I can show them all documents, ID/Passport, credit card statement, purchase history with Apple, receipt from iTune and even fly to Singapore to show myself in front of them.
    But APPLE NOT ACCEPT SUCH INFO.
    The support told me that they can all my history information in the system (even Apple IE already changed). But Apple cannot use such info for verification of me. What a terrible!
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Last edited by Sonthichai Kangwansakulthong; 12-02-2012 at 11:35 AM.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Last edited by Sonthichai Kangwansakulthong; 12-02-2012 at 11:35 AM.