Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default No longer getting push email

Since last week my push email on my me/icloud account has stopped working on my iPhone 5. It is working fine on my iPad 3. I upgraded to 6.01 on both devices. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: No longer getting push email

Nope, sorry. Everything working here.

Global Posts
    17,445 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Push email works great for me with my @icloud.com & @me.com account. Have you tried rebooting your device?
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Push email works great for me with my @icloud.com & @me.com account. Have you tried rebooting your device?
    I have. I have done everything short of wiping the phone.

Global Posts
    17,445 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ooltewahvol#im View Post
    I have. I have done everything short of wiping the phone.
    According the , some users experienced problems with mail and other iCloud services yesterday, and although it states that the problems have been resolved, there's a possibility that they are not. Also, to make sure that all bases have been covered, go to Settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendars- Fetch New Data and make sure Push is turned ON. After that, scroll down to "Advanced", select it. If "Push" is not displayed next to your iCloud mail, tap on it and then select "Push".
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Newbie

According the , some users experienced problems with mail and other iCloud services yesterday, and although it states that the problems have been resolved, there's a possibility that they are not. Also, to make sure that all bases have been covered, go to Settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendars- Fetch New Data and make sure Push is turned ON. After that, scroll down to "Advanced", select it. If "Push" is not displayed next to your iCloud mail, tap on it and then select "Push".
    I have already tried that too. The only way I can receive emails is if I set it to fetch. When it is set to push, it will not work. I do not have this problem on my iPad which really perplexes me.

Global Posts
    17,445 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have already tried that too. The only way I can receive emails is if I set it to fetch. When it is set to push, it will not work. I do not have this problem on my iPad which really perplexes me.
    The only thing left to do is either logout of iCloud, reboot your device, and then log back in or restore as new.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Newbie

Well the logout and reboot did not work. I even deleted the account, rebooted, then set the account back up. Guess the only thing left is to wipe and restore as new..... Really was hoping I wouldn't have to do that because I have so much on it.

Global Posts
    17,445 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well the logout and reboot did not work. I even deleted the account, rebooted, then set the account back up. Guess the only thing left is to wipe and restore as new..... Really was hoping I wouldn't have to do that because I have so much on it.
    I understand, but heck, you've tried everything imaginable. I suppose you can wait and see if it irons itself out.
    Thanked by:
    Ooltewah_Vol (11-10-2012)
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Newbie

I understand, but heck, you've tried everything imaginable. I suppose you can wait and see if it irons itself out.
    Well I decided to take your advice and wait it out a couple of days before wiping and starting as new device. This morning I began to start receiving push out of the blue. Must have been a service issue. Thanks for the help.

Global Posts
    17,445 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well I decided to take your advice and wait it out a couple of days before wiping and starting as new device. This morning I began to start receiving push out of the blue. Must have been a service issue. Thanks for the help.
    You're very welcome and I'm glad it ironed itself out for you. Take care and have a safe & enjoyable weekend.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I had the same issue with gmail.com so I found thexyz webmail on wikipedia and it works even better now with instant push: