Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Mac, me and more

So - I've read a few posts on different forums to try to solve my problem, but so far to no avail...
    I cannot seem to sync my notes from iPad to my Mac. I've tried all the usual suspects - toggling on and off, even deleting the account and beginning again, but so far no luck.
    I wonder if the problem lies with the fact that my iCloud account is registered to a .mac address. Could maybe the iPad not be able to sync with this address? Should I somehow move the whole kit and caboodle to .me?
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out there.

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Mac, me and more

Other than making sure that you are signed into iCloud using the same AppleID on both devices, I'm not sure. I don't think .mac would make a difference. After all a lot of people use a gmail or hotmail address as their AppleID for iCloud and it works just fine.

Default Mac, me and more

OS X Mountain Lion, at least for me, has on occasion turned off the syncing of notes in its iCloud settings and I've had to turn it back on. Make sure that is not happening to you. Like Karen Coulter stated above, if iCloud is configured the same way and with the same Apple ID, your notes should sync without a problem and the .mac suffix should have no effect whatsoever.