Iphone + Ipad = Goodreader?

Kotoo

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

I have a quick question concerning iCloud and the above. Is it possible to immediately sync data on either device to the other through iCloud? I.e. if I download a PDF to my Ipad, it then pops up on the Iphone?

I thought this was the point of iCloud. That it would be easy to access data through multiple platforms. But I have activated in Settings (both in iCloud and the GoodReader app), but I am not able to mirror it.

Have I just misunderstood the functions, or have I missed something? Very grateful for any answers given!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With iCloud, you can sync:

1. Mail
2. Contacts
3. Calendar(s)
4. Photos if photo stream is enabled
5. Notes
6. Reminders
7. Documents if you have iWorks apps

In order for the sync to work, your devices must all be configured with the same Apple ID used to access iCloud.

Note: there are apps that will backup to iCloud and allow you to retrieve data from it. These apps include, but are not limited to DataVault, mSecure and ReaddleDocs. I don't use Goodreader so I'm not sure about it, but, if it works like ReaddleDocs then as long as it is installed on your other devices, you should be able to sync them via the iCloud option within the app. That does not mean that you will be able to access them via the iCloud website.

Just Me, D

Last edited:

Kotoo

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for reply! I seem to have figured the iCloud/GoodReader-sync. There was this iCloud folder, very visibly (durh) in the app. Then I just had to connect it to a server to be able to up- and download. I used Dropbox. What went wrong was that I thought it would work directly with iCloud.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for reply! I seem to have figured the iCloud/GoodReader-sync. There was this iCloud folder, very visibly (durh) in the app. Then I just had to connect it to a server to be able to up- and download. I used Dropbox. What went wrong was that I thought it would work directly with iCloud.

I understand and I'm glad you got it working properly, my friend. ;)

Just Me, D

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods