Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fausty82
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Default Newbie needs help...calendar

I am new to apple, ios, etc.
    Coming from android and just got an ip5.
    I am hoping to be able to share my calendar with my husband (who has a 4s) using icloud.
    So far, I cannot even get my calendar entries to show up on icloud.com.
    My calendar there is blank even though I have tons of entries in my phone.
    Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks so much!!

Off the top of my head, I'd say you'd have to do it via a computer. Export your current calendar from within Google or wherever your calendar is maintained and then import it into your husband's iCloud calendar online. If you have a Mac, just import your calendar to iCal and select to share it to your husband's iCloud calendar.
    iMore Genius

8,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

Default Re: Newbie needs help...calendar

You all need to be signed in to the same iCloud account. We have multiple accounts for different purposes/functions. One account is common for sharing contacts and calendar items. Others are unique to each of us for mail, etc.

Make sure you are syncing your contacts with the same iCloud account on both phones and/or computers that you are using to check.
    Just_Me_D likes this.

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

You need to make sure your calendar events are in iCloud not google's calendar. After that you can share a calendar without both people using the same iCloud account. Not sure if you can do this on the iPhone itself or need to go to iCloud.com, but once you find the option you enter the other user's appleid and choose whether they get read only or read and write access. That person will get an email that they have been invited to the calendar and clicking the link will add it to their Calendar app on the iPhone or their acct on iCloud.com.