iCloud..Do I do it?

JonnyLD

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of using iCloud to store all my CD's in order to free up memory on my PC. There are 1,700, so it takes up a lot of space.
Is this a sensible thing to do?
Will it actually free up space?
Will I still see my iTunes in the same way as before?
How do I 'delete' the tunes from my computer?
Will I therefore be able to access all my songs from my iPhone, other than the ones on the iPhone playlist?

Sorry about this, but I'm a bit of a novice...

JonnyLD

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
That's not really how it works... if you are talking about iTunes Match then what happens is you pay your $25 and then iTunes scans your local music library and either matches what you have in the iTunes store or uploads your file. Once finished you can access all of your matched/uploaded/iTunes purchased music via the cloud from your devices without having a local copy on your device. However once you play an iCloud song it downloads the file to your device. Your local iTunes collections remains the same. The idea is you save space on your device by not having a local copy, and you can access your entire collection (up to 25,000 songs) without having to sync all of them to your device. So your idea of moving your CD collection to iCloud is not what the service offers.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73