Cannot perform a successful, complete iCloud backup

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I just got an iPhone 5. When I go to iCloud, storage & backup, it says the last backup was performed "Never". If I manually try a backup, it acts like it is starting and says Backing Up, but the estimated time remaining will never populate. Eventually it will fail. If I go to MANAGE STORAGE, I see where it made a backup of my phone, around 509MB. But under "Latest Backup", it says 'Incomplete'.
I am on Wi-Fi and plugged in when I try the backup and it is plugged in and on Wi-Fi when I go to sleep at night, still no automatic backup is performed.

So then i tried to delete the backup and start over, same thing happens. it performs some kind of backup but then gives an error. I've had this problem as soon as I got the iPhone, when the backup size was very small. So not sure why is going on. I have an iPod touch and it backs up fine on there. Might have to take it to an apple store, but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hook it to iTunes set it back up on iTunes vs iCloud then sync .. After its done switch it back then try a force backup on the phone

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hook it to iTunes set it back up on iTunes vs iCloud then sync .. After its done switch it back then try a force backup on the phone

thanks for the tip Peligro911. I just tried that, same thing happened as above. it said it was backing up and then gave an estimate of 3 hours, then eventually said "The last backup could not be completed."

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Log out of iCloud, reboot your device and then log back in and then try to do an iCloud backup.

mbslink

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
i am having the same issue, ive tried everything, also it won't photo stream, if i use my air card or go to someone else's wifi it works fine, but it won't back up my iPhone 5 on my home network, its connected and has very fast speed test results

kikidoll74

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem & nothing's working. U said that u switched routers, what do u mean by that?

Even my iTunes is acting screwy. I can't back up to it either.

kalbarrie

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to back up to iCloud for 2 weeks without success. I even resorted to apple support as my iPad air is brand new. That didn't get me anywhere! However trying your tip this morning my first iCloud backuo is complete ��. Thanks you very much.

kalbarrie

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to back up to iCloud for 2 weeks without success. I even resorted to apple support as my iPad air is brand new. That didn't get me anywhere! However trying your tip this morning my first iCloud back up is complete. Thank you very much.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods