Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,862 Global Posts

Default Deleting photo from photostream => gone from my PC?

1. If I delete a photo from my Photostream album on my iPhone or iPad, will it delete it from the Photostream directory on my PC?

2. If I delete or move a photo from the Photostream directory on my PC, will it delete it from all my iOS devices?

3. What happens to photos in the Photostream on my iOS devices after 30 days? Does it disappear from my iOS devices?

If "yes", then will it disappear from the Photostream directory on my PC too after 30 days?

Thanks.

Any document that describes these sync behaviors?
    --
    Aloke
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Re: Deleting photo from photostream => gone from my PC?

As far as I can tell, the photostream on the PC/Mac acts as a depository or download location of the photostream pictures and is completely independent of the photo stream on the iPhone or iPad. Therefore:

1. No

2. No

2. After 30 days, the photos stored in the photo stream on iCloud (not PC/Mac) will disappear, however if the picture is still stored locally on your iDevice, then the locally stored photo will not go away. All pics downloaded to your PC via photostream will remain on your PC regardless of time, and can only be removed by finding the photo on the computer and manually deleting it.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,862 Global Posts

Default Re: Deleting photo from photostream => gone from my PC?

By the way, I did some digging.

"You can delete one or more photos from Photo Stream. iCloud automatically deletes them from Photo Stream on your other devices, and from your computers set up with Photo Stream."

"If your Windows computer has Windows 7 or Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) and iCloud Control Panel for Windows 1.1 installed, then photos you delete from Photo Stream on an iOS device or your Mac set up with Photo Stream are also deleted from Photo Stream on your Windows computer."

Doesn't that differ from your answer to my Q # 1? I have the iCloud Control Panel installed.

I'm confused now.
    --
    Aloke
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,870 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default Deleting photo from photostream => gone from my PC?

From what i have seen is photo stream stores 30 days but they dont delete from device automatic but say you wipe tour device and restore only the last 30 days will show because that is what is actually in the cloud