Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default How to add Contacts and Reminders sync?

Thanks for helping me!

I have installed iCloud Control Panel 2.0 for Windows, I use Outlook with a local PST. For the first attempt to check it out, I just said to sync calendar only. I have tested this out, and it looks pretty good. I realize it created a new iCloud calendar and my old PST calendar is empty. That's fine.

So now I want to sync my Reminders and Contacts, but if I go into the iCloud Control Panel, the only choices are "Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks with Outlook" (which is checked; I tried unchecking/checking again to see if it gave me the options for all 4 and it did not), Bookmarks, and Photo Stream. How do I get back to the screen that let me select Calendars independent of Contacts and Reminders so I can now select them?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: How to add Contacts and Reminders sync?

I am wondering about this as well. I have all my contacts in gmail and was wondering if i could get them over to icloud while i decide if i want to switch or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Douglas Wilson
    Verizon iPhone 5S, 64G and iPad 4G 32GB
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: How to add Contacts and Reminders sync?

Quote Originally Posted by donawalt View Post
    if I go into the iCloud Control Panel, the only choices are "Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks with Outlook" (which is checked; I tried unchecking/checking again to see if it gave me the options for all 4 and it did not), Bookmarks, and Photo Stream. How do I get back to the screen that let me select Calendars independent of Contacts and Reminders so I can now select them?
    I also have "Mail", "Contacts", "Calendars & Tasks", "Bookmarks", and "Photo Stream" on my iCloud control panel - I have never had "Reminders" show up and "Calendars" has always been together with "Tasks".

Quote Originally Posted by douglaswilson View Post
    I am wondering about this as well. I have all my contacts in gmail and was wondering if i could get them over to icloud while i decide if i want to switch or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Export your Gmail contacts by logging in to your Gmail account. Then import them to your iCloud account via your web browser. Next, turn off Exchange contact sync on your iphone and enable iCloud sync.