Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Brandiabbie
  • 1 Post By Dorbaby
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default How to sign in to iCloud

I realize this is probably lame question, but here goes:
    Exactly how do you log into iCloud? When I go to iCloud.com there are three listings: set up the cloud (already did that); set up find my phone (did that) and set up find friends.

I want to go to the cloud to see what has been saved so I can delete some as it is almost full and 4s won't back up any longer.

Appreciate help!
    Tun Win likes this.

Global Posts
    19,500 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You can only log into iCloud.com via a computer. Alternatively and from your iPhone or iPad, you can go to Settings/iCloud/Storage & Backup/Manage Storage. Then select your device. After that, scroll down to select "Show all Apps" and then turn OFF the apps you want to delete from being backed up.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-23-2012 at 08:31 AM.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    You can only log into iCloud.com via a computer. Alternatively and from your iPhone or iPad, you can go to Settings/iCloud/Storage & Backup/Manage Storage. Then select your device. After that, scroll down to select "Show all Apps" and then turn OFF the apps you want to delete from being backed up.

Thank you. I have done the show apps on phone and pad. Will try to log on via a computer. Hadn't tried that yet.

Thanks very much.

Global Posts
    19,500 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Brandiabbie View Post
    Thank you. I have done the show apps on phone and pad. Will try to log on via a computer. Hadn't tried that yet.

Thanks very much.
    You're very welcome. Just know that when you logon to the iCloud website, you will not see a listing of apps or your backed up data like you do via your phone. You will see your address book, reminders, notes, Calendars, documents and a tool to locate your device, if necessary.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: How to sign in to iCloud

The free Mercury browser app allows you to log in to iCloud.
    Click just right of the Google search bar. You will get a drop down menu that allows you to select user agent Safari (Mac OSX).
    Kind of slow to respond but it does work.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,814 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by Brandiabbie View Post
    I realize this is probably lame question, but here goes:
    Exactly how do you log into iCloud? When I go to iCloud.com there are three listings: set up the cloud (already did that); set up find my phone (did that) and set up find friends.

I want to go to the cloud to see what has been saved so I can delete some as it is almost full and 4s won't back up any longer.

Appreciate help!
    I see this a lot my guess is you have a lot of pics or videos on your device causing your camera roll to be large ... That is prob taking up the most space

Two options

One buy more iCloud space

Or

Off load some of your pics and videos to your computer to lower the backup size so your phone can back up again
    iPhone Nanite

Haha
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Yeah, but I ran into the issue of the backup not getting any smaller after removing photos. I had to delete the old back up and do a fresh one to get that number down. Never did resolve this issue.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

The photos don't count against your backup space. Have you looked at the individual app data within Manage Storage?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Yes, I have actually. Camera is the highest at 15.5 MB, next highest is Twitter at 4.5 MB, then others at 3.8, 3.1, 2.8, 1.8, 1.7, 1.5, 1.3, 1.3, then about 40 or so all under 1MB. I am using 2.9 of my 5.0.

I thought photos counted? They certainly are the highest with Camera being 15.5 MB. When I look at my photos under settings>usage, it uses 30.0 MB on my phone, so there is some disparity which confuses me.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Do you have an app called Camera, or Camera+ or Camera something? The default camera does not show up under Documents & Data.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have the standard IOS 6 camera app. It shows as "Photos and Camera" under settings>usage, and Camera Roll under Storage and backup>manage storage>click my backup for iCloud.

Global Posts
    19,500 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    Yes, I have actually. Camera is the highest at 15.5 MB, next highest is Twitter at 4.5 MB, then others at 3.8, 3.1, 2.8, 1.8, 1.7, 1.5, 1.3, 1.3, then about 40 or so all under 1MB. I am using 2.9 of my 5.0.

I thought photos counted? They certainly are the highest with Camera being 15.5 MB. When I look at my photos under settings>usage, it uses 30.0 MB on my phone, so there is some disparity which confuses me.
    You get 5 GB of free iCloud storage for:

• Photos and videos in the Camera Roll
    • Device settings (for example: Phone Favorites, Wallpaper, and Mail, Contacts, Calendar accounts)
    • App data
    • Home screen and app organization
    • Messages (iMessage, SMS, and MMS)
    • Ringtones
    • Visual Voicemails

The following items are not backed up to iCloud. You can :

• Music, movies and TV shows not purchased from the iTunes Store
    • Podcasts and audio books
    • Photos that were originally synced from your computer

The above information can be found
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thanks for the info. I guess I still have the "why isn't my amount used on the cloud going down when I delete photos question?" I know someone here told me that the phone retains all photos, etc that are part of iMessage even if you delete the message and that contributes to the issue.

For now, when I take off photos afterward I delete my backup and make a fresh one. That way, the amount used decreases on the cloud.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I just read on the Apple board that i Cloud retains the last three back-ups, so that would explain it. Until the old ones drop off, it will still be that larger size it seems.
    iPhone Nanite

I can't remember the password for [email address redacted]
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 11-26-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    ametin likes this.