Contact question

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So my girlfriend has a 4S and she has 2 contact accounts. One Exchange contact list and one "all contacts".

She's new to iPhones and I have no experience with Exchange accounts. We realized that she hadn't received a couple of texts from me today and we looked text thread on her phone. At the top of the thread there was a name but it wasn't mine. It was my first name but the last name was wrong. It was an old contact from her Outlook account.

Anyone seen this before?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It Might be better if your girlfriend turned off the contacts in her exchange account, especially if the "all contacts" list contained the people listed in her exchange listing. If so, have her go to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar/her exchange account and then turn OFF contacts. Doing so will leave her with ONE address book that she could use for all of her accounts.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
It Might be better if your girlfriend turned off the contacts in her exchange account, especially if the "all contacts" list contained the people listed in her exchange listing. If so, have her go to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar/her exchange account and then turn OFF contacts. Doing so will leave her with ONE address book that she could use for all of her accounts.

I would agree, my prev iP4 I had exchange, google and icloud. It was a mess.
My friends at work would be listed multiple times, sometimes 4 if they had facebook with no mobile number.

Then when I unlinked exchange and did not "restore" I realized many of my contacts have been going to exchange and not icloud.

But, I also no longer have access to my company directory, which is an issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711