Few Questions About iCloud
I had a few questions about iCloud backups and I'd appreciate any help at all.
1. Does backing up to iCloud save your voicemails?
2. Does backing up to your computer via iTunes backup your voicemails?
3. Do iCloud backups save all the preferences and other files from Cydia like backing up to iTunes?
4. In iTunes, there is a backup to iCloud option, with backup to this computer right under it. Does that mean that I can backup to iCloud in iTunes via a USB sync? This option has really confused me.
5. Is there a way I can backup to iCloud but do it through connecting my iPhone to my computer and using iTunes? Just because iCloud backups take a long time for me as my WiFi connection is really awful at times.
Thanks in advance.
- 08-25-2012, 06:17 PM #2
Answers to all are no... with #3, on jailbroken devices, there are Apps in Cydia - like xBackup that will save your jailbreak stuff to a file that gets backed up when you do standard backups.
Regarding back-ups to iTunes - those are separate from iCloud.
And as far as jailbreaking, I prefer if it didn't save any preferences files or anything else. Most of the files are left behind when uninstalling Cydia tweaks and they do take up a bit of room. I have no problem reinstalling all my tweaks manually.
- 08-25-2012, 06:40 PM #4
- 08-25-2012, 10:43 PM #6