Few Questions About iCloud

AnonJD

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I had a few questions about iCloud backups and I'd appreciate any help at all.

1. Does backing up to iCloud save your voicemails?
2. Does backing up to your computer via iTunes backup your voicemails?
3. Do iCloud backups save all the preferences and other files from Cydia like backing up to iTunes?
4. In iTunes, there is a backup to iCloud option, with backup to this computer right under it. Does that mean that I can backup to iCloud in iTunes via a USB sync? This option has really confused me.
5. Is there a way I can backup to iCloud but do it through connecting my iPhone to my computer and using iTunes? Just because iCloud backups take a long time for me as my WiFi connection is really awful at times.

Thanks in advance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Answers to all are no... with #3, on jailbroken devices, there are Apps in Cydia - like xBackup that will save your jailbreak stuff to a file that gets backed up when you do standard backups.

Regarding back-ups to iTunes - those are separate from iCloud.

AnonJD

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked the iCloud website? It might answer your questions.

Yes, I have. I didn't see anything about voicemails so I assume it doesn't back them up. But, I just wanted to make sure. Also, I couldn't find any information about the iCloud backup option in iTunes.

Answers to all are no... with #3, on jailbroken devices, there are Apps in Cydia - like xBackup that will save your jailbreak stuff to a file that gets backed up when you do standard backups.

Regarding back-ups to iTunes - those are separate from iCloud.

Thanks, appreciate it. I just don't know what that option in iTunes does.

And as far as jailbreaking, I prefer if it didn't save any preferences files or anything else. Most of the files are left behind when uninstalling Cydia tweaks and they do take up a bit of room. I have no problem reinstalling all my tweaks manually.

Thanks again.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, appreciate it. I just don't know what that option in iTunes does.
In iTunes, you can sync... which takes care of the things you set up to sync - either over wifi or plugged directly in the computer... when you tell iTunes to back up - things like preferences, app data, and personalization settings, etc are backed-up to your computer - iCloud back-ups are another way to back-up those same things without involving your computer.

AnonJD

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
In iTunes, you can sync... which takes care of the things you set up to sync - either over wifi or plugged directly in the computer... when you tell iTunes to back up - things like preferences, app data, and personalization settings, etc are backed-up to your computer - iCloud back-ups are another way to back-up those same things without involving your computer.

Thank you very much. Sorry, I was just really confused by all of it. I appreciate you clearing it up for me.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I backup to iCloud every night. And once a week I backup to iTunes. I always restore my iPhone using iTunes, via USB. It takes about 60-90 min. I have a 64gb iPhone 4S and about 40gb used.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods