icloud + gmail alias

afarber97

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
hi everyone.. this is my first post so sorry if i'm not so good at this.
anyway what i am trying to find out how to do (if possible) is forward my gmail account to my @me.com account for my imac, ipad and iphone. but heres the catch, i want to receive all of the mail from the @me.com through the forwarding, but send from my gmail. does anyone know how to do this. i called applecare and the rep wasn't understanding me. thanks.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand either...if you're forwarding FROM gmail TO your @me but want to reply FROM gmail, why are you forwarding at all? Why not just add gmail to your imac, ipad, and iphone, and receive and reply from there? (I'm assuming you know that you don't have to use an @me account just because it's an Apple product.)

If you do have to have both, just add gmail to your Mail accounts, and when you reply to mails you'll have the option to change the From: address to either of your accounts.

afarber97

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand either...if you're forwarding FROM gmail TO your @me but want to reply FROM gmail, why are you forwarding at all? Why not just add gmail to your imac, ipad, and iphone, and receive and reply from there? (I'm assuming you know that you don't have to use an @me account just because it's an Apple product.)

If you do have to have both, just add gmail to your Mail accounts, and when you reply to mails you'll have the option to change the From: address to either of your accounts.

I am doing this because with @me emails come in instantly and gmail has to fetch every 5 minuted, very inconvientent. I know the way to change the from but i want to be able to automatically send from it. i guess it isnt possible thanks anyway.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I am doing this because with @me emails come in instantly and gmail has to fetch every 5 minuted, very inconvientent. I know the way to change the from but i want to be able to automatically send from it. i guess it isnt possible thanks anyway.

Gmail has push, you just need to choose Exchange when you go to set it up. Then everything arrives instantly. I use this on 4 gmail accounts without any issues. Couldn't be easier (and will also let you sync your Contacts and Calendars if you want):

Daily Tip: How to setup Gmail as Exchange to push your e-mails [Beginner] | iMore.com

If you still want to do the forwarding thing, just add gmail as Exchange, set your @me to forward, but don't add the @me to your iPhone/iPad/iPod--if you only have your gmail account on there it will reply from that account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711