Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Smile How do I reset my iCloud password?

I cant remember what my icloud password is as its not the same as my apple ID, I've tried resetting it online but it keeps coming up wit reset my Apple ID. Without it i cant take my phone for repair as i dont want to lose anything.

Global Posts
    22,195 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Go to www.icloud.com via a computer and at the bottom left half of the screen, you will see "Forgot password or Apple ID" or something to that effect. Tap on it and follow the onscreen instructions.

UPDATE: After you've reset it, logout of iCloud on your I-device and then log back in with your Apple ID and updated password.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 07-30-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    iMore Nanite

Default how do i reset my icloud password?

I forgot my email password to set up on my mini ipad i got email icloud on my mobile

my name is julia Silsbury email address [Redacted]
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 01-04-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Global Posts
    22,195 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default how do i reset my icloud password?

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Silsbury View Post
    I forgot my email password to set up on my mini ipad i got email icloud on my mobile

my name is julia Silsbury email address [Redacted]

Follow the steps above in post #2. If the email is not associated with iCloud, go to that particular email service's website via a computer, and initiate their specific password recovery process.
    iMore Nanite

Default re: How do I reset my iCloud password?

I had forgot my icloud pw but I did them step you recommend but my apple id is not same as my icloud. what makin it so differcult is that my phone wont turn on due to water damage. any ideas?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sarah-louise93 View Post
    I cant remember what my icloud password is as its not the same as my apple ID, I've tried resetting it online but it keeps coming up wit reset my Apple ID. Without it i cant take my phone for repair as i dont want to lose anything.
    i have to troubleshoot a similar situation mentioned here too: How can I reset my Apple ID password?

When I log on www.icloud.com, using the apple ID ( which is different than the forgotten icloud ID credentials),go to FIND MY IPHONE, ALL DEVICES, I see the Ipad in question. There I have an options for 1) Play Sound 2) Lost Mode 3) Erase IPAD.

What will happen if I Erase the IPad?
    I cannot restore using itunes,since it asks me to turn off 'Find my ipad' and I can't do it,since I don't have the icloud email login credentials nor recovery email or answers to the recovery questions.
    iMore Elite

Try this link:
    https://appleid.apple.com
    iPhone: MGAU2LLMacs: MC976LL, MC516LL, MD387LLiPads: ME279LL, MD530LL
    Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. ~John Adams
    Thanked by:
    ritesh (10-15-2014)

Global Posts
    22,195 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: How do I reset my iCloud password?

Quote Originally Posted by Deon Lee View Post
    I had forgot my icloud pw but I did them step you recommend but my apple id is not same as my icloud. what makin it so differcult is that my phone wont turn on due to water damage. any ideas?
    1. Go to the iCloud website via a computer and then select "Forgot ID or Password" at the bottom of the screen.

How do I reset my iCloud password?-icloud-screenshot.png

2. In the section that asks for the Apple ID on the next page, enter your iCloud ID.
    3. In regard to your "water damage" issue, you really should get that taken care of or get a replacement device, if you can. If not, you can try connecting the device to a charger and then wait for it to get enough power to boot up, but that'll depend on the extent of the water damage.

Global Posts
    22,195 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ritesh View Post
    i have to troubleshoot a similar situation mentioned here too: How can I reset my Apple ID password?

When I log on www.icloud.com, using the apple ID ( which is different than the forgotten icloud ID credentials),go to FIND MY IPHONE, ALL DEVICES, I see the Ipad in question. There I have an options for 1) Play Sound 2) Lost Mode 3) Erase IPAD.

What will happen if I Erase the IPad?
    I cannot restore using itunes,since it asks me to turn off 'Find my ipad' and I can't do it,since I don't have the icloud email login credentials nor recovery email or answers to the recovery questions.
    1. Your iCloud ID, at least in many cases, are associated with your Apple ID. I can login to my iCloud account with my primary Apple ID and the associated iCloud ID, and I am assuming it's the same for you since you're able to view your devices via the Find My iPhone feature. You can manage your associated IDs via the link that HankAZ posted above.
    2. Since you're able to erase your iPad via the information you are logged in with, I'd like to think that you could at least restore from an iCloud backup, but I'm not 100% certain.
    Thanked by:
    ritesh (10-15-2014)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    I can sign in with the apple ID which is a xxx@gmail ID and that is verified, but again can't with the icloud associated email id which is a xxx@love email account.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    1. Your iCloud ID, at least in many cases, are associated with your Apple ID. I can login to my iCloud account with my primary Apple ID and the associated iCloud ID, and I am assuming it's the same for you since you're able to view your devices via the Find My iPhone feature. You can manage your associated IDs via the link that HankAZ posted above.
    2. Since you're able to erase your iPad via the information you are logged in with, I'd like to think that you could at least restore from an iCloud backup, but I'm not 100% certain.
    The apple ID has a xxx@gmail for login and icloud has a xxx@love email for login. xxx@love associated with icloud on ipad is the rogue account.

I will try to erase the ipad remotely and see what happens. We just want to be able to start afresh on the Ipad, since all info. is taken care of , on the newly setup iphone with correct details.

I found some useful info. here: iCloud: Erase your device

Global Posts
    3,996 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS8.1b2

You can also contact Apple to see if they can help you out.
    Thanked by:
    ritesh (10-15-2014)