iCloud Backup Problem?

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I have iCloud backup enabled on my 4s and it seems to be working ok but with a couple anomalies.
According to my iPhone the last backup was 4th June, yet iTunes says it was made only moments ago, which should be correct as that was when I connected my iPhone to the charger.
Another thing, when I instigate a iCloud backup on the iPhone it never says it has completed. In fact last night it said it would take 7 hours, but it failed after about 10 minutes. However, the backup looks like its still underway as my AirPort Extreme is being hammered And that us confirmed by my bandwidth monitor.

When connected to iTunes however, the back up WAS completed.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I seem to have sorted it. Having recently been away, I have taken a lot of photo's and some video's. It appears to be over 3GB's worth. As my BB upload speed is 1Mb/S, the transfer appeared to be timing out. Although this wasn't obvious as no 'time out' messages were shown, just 'backup failed' etc.

To resolve the issue, I used the Windows iCloud Utility to delete the incomplete backup from the iCloud servers, and also toggles iCloud Backup off/on on the iPhone.

I then unchecked the individual apps from the iCloud backup procedure that contained the most data, I.E. Camera, iPhoto etc. Then I started a backup and all went well completing in a respectful amount of time without a hitch.

Next I simply, one at a time, enabled the Camera, iPhoto app, doing a backup after each instance. Again all is well, backup completed. I now have a FULL backup on the iCloud.

It really shouldn't have been so complicated. Not sure if it was simply the amount of data I was trying to upload or whether there is some other limitation.

I posted back in a effort to help others.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you got it all sorted out and thank you for telling us the procedure. Have a great day. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro