Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

39 Posts

Unhappy icloud sync

why is it when i read my mail on macbook running osx 10.7.4 then hours later use my ipad and the mail still shows up in notification center and in the mail app. i have to press refresh button and they go away.
    It also will do it on my iphone.also when i dismiss calendat notifications on my iphone they still show up on my ipad under notification center?
    Last edited by c8169; 06-18-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    iMore Beginner

65 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

iCloud email does not have the same type of push support as other email providers such as Gmail has. iCloud email will push a notification right away when a new email is available, but it will not perform a push to mark email as read. Unfortunately, there isn't any way around it that I've found.

When I first tried iCloud email and found this happening, I did a Google search and found many other people complaining about it. I just use Gmail as it has full push support and accurately syncs across different devices.