3GS to 4S

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Peps,

My friend has a 3GS and has just upgraded to a 4S.

iCloud is switched on and has recently run a back up this morning.

We are taking the 4S out of the box in the next couple of hours. But she has a buyer for the 3GS now with cash or they will go and buy another now.

Anyway my question is - iCloud restores your device to exactly how it was before. I know it does this for a fact as my Mrs exchanged her 4S for a new one as it was faulty.

She turned the phone on restored from iCloud and it was like the phone had never changed. It even had 5.1, when 5.1.1 was out, which i couldn't understand. May be it was coz 5.1 was still being signed.

Now with the 3GS going to the 4S will this do the same, but transfer her old info onto the new 4S which is straight out of the box.

I'm guessing it will install 5.1.1 and then restore the backup just like itunes does.

I'm sure this is going to be the case, but was just wanted to check as the device is changing and I have only seen it done from 4S to 4S (same device).

I don't want to promise my friend that all of her stuff will be there on her new phone without another members opinion.

Sorry to go on - I should of just said will it restore via iCloud from 3GS to 4S? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
All of her stuff should transfer an it'll be on whatever OS the 4S comes with and it can be updated from there by the phone or in iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
The iOS of the iPhone 4S will remain normal without any problem and will have no problem at all! While the rest of the data will be simply restored as it was!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711