Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By amirkhanafridi
  • 1 Post By HankAZ
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Solution? Cannot Sign In & Account Limit Reached

I wanted to know how to solve problem with "Cannot Sign In" & "Account Limit Reached" that has popped up when I tried to login new AppleID on iCloud. I've struggled with it... obviously previous owner may have used up limit 3 accounts that activated on same device. How do I get it reset or wipe clean slate so I can have AppleID activate & enable iCloud?

Thanks!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Have you tried Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings? (Or Erase All/Reset?)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Yes, I've tried that but no luck.

What happened is that when I login with my Apple ID, I get this error notice:

"Cannot Sign In

The maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this iPod touch."

This turns out someone has used up before I bought an used iPod which I couldn't use iCloud on this device anymore.

Other one I learned when I tried out by creating new Apple ID on this device the alert came up said:

"Account Limit Reached

This device is no longer eligible for creating a free iCloud account."

I'm *SO* baffled that Apple really restrict iCloud to 3 accounts on all devices. I don't think it's fair for me and anyone else who bough used any Apple devices.

Since no one know how to solve this problem so I'm gonna try to bring in to one of Apple retail store to see if I can convince an employee to help me fix this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Let us know what happens; I'm sure this will be an issue for many people in the future.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Solution? Cannot Sign In & Account Limit Reached

Dear,

Pls give the solution for iCloud account sign in, I have insert my apple id & Passwold & click sign in that time following error shows on display maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this iphone,

pls give the solution for this error & how to check activated accounts & delete same.
    iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1
    Thanked by:
    edsiraj (10-23-2014)
    edsiraj likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by amirkhanafridi View Post
    Dear,

Pls give the solution for iCloud account sign in, I have insert my apple id & Passwold & click sign in that time following error shows on display maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this iphone,

pls give the solution for this error & how to check activated accounts & delete same.
    iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

You get a 3 iCloud account limit per device. This must be the 4th and you're getting the "Cannot Sign In" notice. I have no idea why it's that way.
    iMore Elite

Quote Originally Posted by deafcheer View Post
    Yes, I've tried that but no luck.

What happened is that when I login with my Apple ID, I get this error notice:

"Cannot Sign In

The maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this iPod touch."

This turns out someone has used up before I bought an used iPod which I couldn't use iCloud on this device anymore.

Other one I learned when I tried out by creating new Apple ID on this device the alert came up said:

"Account Limit Reached

This device is no longer eligible for creating a free iCloud account."

I'm *SO* baffled that Apple really restrict iCloud to 3 accounts on all devices. I don't think it's fair for me and anyone else who bough used any Apple devices.

Since no one know how to solve this problem so I'm gonna try to bring in to one of Apple retail store to see if I can convince an employee to help me fix this.
    Unfair or not, that's the rule. You are only prevented from creating a new EMAIL address, NOT creating a new iCloud account. Get a free email address from GMail, Yahoo or use an existing email address. Not an 'end of the world' problem.
    My Daily Drivers: iPhone: MGAU2LLMacs: MC976LL, MC516LL, MD387LLiPad: MGTX2LL
    Freelance Curmudgeon. I run with scissors.
    Ledsteplin likes this.