Sync songs from iCloud as well as local iTunes?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I am using iCloud match to access my music library.
I have some mp3 files that are deemed "ineligible" by Apple for uploading to iCloud. These files are on my PC and in iTunes. I can play them on my PC.

How do I use iCloud as well as sync/upload local files in iTunes to my iDevices (3Gs, iPad3)?
Now, if I go into the Music" tab of my device in iTunes, I just see "iTunes Match is on" message and there seems to be no way to mix-n-match files from iCloud and local files on my PC.

Aloke
PS: Bonus question: What happens when I exceed the 25000 track limit for iCloud Match? Then I'll have files in iCloud as well as on my PC, in iTunes, that I'll want to sync and listen to ....

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'd do a local sync first, get everything on there I want, then turn on iTunes Match and I'll have everything else on there via streaming.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
That will work if all your music is in the cloud. Your method lets you keep some of that on your local device.

How will you have a mix of local content that is not in the cloud and some that are in the cloud on your device?

Say if you have 26000 tracks, 25000 of which (the max allowed) is in the cloud. Now, how do you get some of each on your device?

OmarPe

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Also, the problem is hearing music from an iPhone in areas with no or poor wi-fi neither 3G network. iTunes give no possibility to sync music if you have iCloud. How to solve the issue? Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox