iCloud makes my home life easier

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got my wife an iPhone 4S (I already have one) and decided to set up icloud to better fit our lifestyle, so here's sharing with you how life is a little easier thanks to the cloud.

Calendar
What I put on my calendar, shows up on her calendar and vice versa. No more manually entering appointments or calling each other "When was that event scheduled for again?" We both can look on the calendar and know exactly what's going on with our events, child doctors appointments, etc..

Photo Stream
We can see each other's photos as we take them. This is great for when we transfer them over to the PC. Now I don't have to sync my phone, then sync her phone and try to figure out which pictures are keepers and which we can discard. If I don't like a picture, I simply delete it on my phone and it disappears on hers. This cuts my photo time in half.

Reminders
I have a "Grocery" list, a "To Do When You Get Home List" and a "Shopping" list that we both punch text into; This is great when we are out of things like toothpaste, so I'll add it on the grocery list, and now she knows that I already noted that and she doesn't have to worry about it because it will auto-show on her phone.

Facetime
I know facetime is old, but its new to us. We have opposite schedules, so we don't see each other until the weekend. With facetime, we can chat and feel a little "more there" and personal, and its great to see my kids and talk to them when I'm at work and they are at home. Tucking them into bed through FT is a treat!

There are more uses we could probably implement, but these are the major ones. Wasn't hard to set up either!

Reactions: xxplosive82

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
We have 2, and yes we both use them. 1 is for itunes/app store purchases etc....

The other is an icloud account (@me.com) for facetime and stuff we want to share.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods