Greenpeace protests

SimonSage

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
So, last week Greenpeace basically said Apple's eco-friendliness in the management of iCloud was crap, but I'm curious how many users actually care. I don't think a lot of gadget enthusiasts really factor in their electricity usage when buying new toys, let alone subscribing to digital services, but I wanted to see if it's something you guys take into account. Stuff like manufacturing practices are easy to pin ecological concerns onto, and I was always a fan of Sony's Greenheart branding to identify their eco-friendly phones.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Please don't get me started on the green movement.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So, last week Greenpeace basically said Apple's eco-friendliness in the management of iCloud was crap, but I'm curious how many users actually care. I don't think a lot of gadget enthusiasts really factor in their electricity usage when buying new toys, let alone subscribing to digital services, but I wanted to see if it's something you guys take into account. Stuff like manufacturing practices are easy to pin ecological concerns onto, and I was always a fan of Sony's Greenheart branding to identify their eco-friendly phones.

I don't consider it at all. It's a political hot potato, but IMHO, it's a huge load of certified BULLCRAP. Green movement, global warming, etc... making a lot of people rich (Al Gore), but making very little difference in every way, shape and form.

Gotta run... have to fire up my 454 ci engine, turn on a dozen incandescent light bulbs (100 watters) and then chop down a tree or two...

Reactions: Just_Me_D

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Considering they are building a storage facility in Oregon where we have relatively cheap electricity I don't think it's an issue. The electricity here comes from dams and so many wind mills they have to dump water out of the dams without producing energy because the grid can't take it. I guess we need even more high tension lines heading south to California...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't consider it at all. It's a political hot potato, but IMHO, it's a huge load of certified BULLCRAP. Green movement, global warming, etc... making a lot of people rich (Al Gore), but making very little difference in every way, shape and form.

Gotta run... have to fire up my 454 ci engine, turn on a dozen incandescent light bulbs (100 watters) and then chop down a tree or two...

Bravo, Bravo...'nuf said..;)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't hate the player (Apple), hate the game (the "free for all" market system). If it's not profitable to make a change, the change is not made.
Unless Apple goes 100% green (meaning ALL Apple Stores, cloud centers, production facilities, transportation methods, etc) - which will cost them probably all their money (and reducing their profit margins) - I am not impressed. Anything less than that is merely PR moves.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I suppose you're going to try and convince us that Armstrong et.al. landed on the moon?
lol :cool:

No, I've learned that trying to convince people that are incapable (willingly or not) of understanding basic truths because they don't jibe with their wacky political beliefs spoon fed to them by pr firms is a waste of my time. So now I just shake my head and laugh, cause having a hurricane party doesn't mean the storm will spare you.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Don't hate the player (Apple), hate the game (the "free for all" market system). If it's not profitable to make a change, the change is not made.
Unless Apple goes 100% green (meaning ALL Apple Stores, cloud centers, production facilities, transportation methods, etc) - which will cost them probably all their money (and reducing their profit margins) - I am not impressed. Anything less than that is merely PR moves.

Well at least Apple is moving in the right direction, it isn't possible to be 100% green with today's technology, compared to some companies that are moving in the opposite direction, Apple is looking pretty damn good.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77