iCloud photo streaming questions

Tuscany123

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I have an iPhone 4 and iPad 3. I currently back up all the photos I take with my iPhone to an external hard drive that I use with my Windows Vista PC. I don't have nor do I want photos on my iPad. Last night I downloaded the iCloud software to my pc.

I like the idea of cloud backup in addition to my hard drive. I'm worried about the photo streaming though. I don't want photos from the cloud appearing on either of my devices unless for some reason I want them to. All the iCloud literature I read says the cloud automatically pushes the photos to my devices. That will kill my available memory in seconds flat.

But what if I'm out with my iPad and for some reason I want to show Aunt Ida a photo I took of my daughter from 3 yrs ago, can I pull that photo from the cloud onto my iPad? And leave all the others in the cloud?

When I view photos in photo stream, am I viewing the photos from the cloud or do the photos have to be pushed to my device before I can see them?

Thanks for your help

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
PhotoStream is not like Dropbox where you could view it online. iCloud simply syncs the data amongst your devices. So either you can have it sync or not. It's not an "on demand" service.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It only shares last 30 days pics or 1000 pics whatever is first .. The cloud is not really taking up that much space locally on each device the camera roll does that .. But as stated it a on or off thing not a pic and choose what photo to pull down

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
It only shares last 30 days pics or 1000 pics whatever is first ..

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

This is why I always save it to my camera roll after it appears on the respective photo stream.
I only save photos that are worthy of my "A" list so I don't have tons on my camera roll.
The rest all get sent up to Picasa.

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711