New iPhone but can't delete old iPhone backup

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I swapped my ip4 at the apple store for a new ip4. My old iCloud backup is still showing and won't allow me to delete. Anyone have a solution? I can delete my current iPhone and iPad backups with no problem. Just not my old iPhone backup. I thought this stuff "just works."

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try logging in to the Manage Account Page
and then remove your old iPhone from the list of registered devices and then see if you can delete your old iCloud backups.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Sounded like a good idea but no dice. I even change the name of my new iPhone so that it is different than my old one.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sounded like a good idea but no dice. I even change the name of my new iPhone so that it is different than my old one.

Is this the procedure you used?

Keep in mind that I'm grasping at straws..;)...but I am trying my best to assist you.

Last edited:

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I used that. I appreciate the help, really I do. I might have to wait a few days and try again. That seemed to work for a few people. I'll keep you all updated. Cheers!

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
So I was able to delete it today. I guess you have to wait 48 hours for something. Not exactly sure what that something may be. Anyway, it's gone now.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the update and I'm glad you got it taken care of. Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening. ;)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73