ICloud max storage

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I got a message today saying I am at 4.1gb of my 5gb.

So what happens when you max out? Does it back out our pictures to make up space?

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've started a thread on Apple's discussions as a way to complain about this issue. See here if you want to add your thoughts.

As for what it does if you max out, I think it just stops with whatever app it last backed up and doesn't do anymore. I've maxed before and, to the best I could tell, that's what it did. Although, I'm not sure there is a way to know.

I think it's wrong that Apple seems bent on nagging the heck out of you with emails about you needing to shell out your hard-earned cash on more storage after you've already shelled out a lot of dough on an iPad.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd be looking at what apps are saving what to iCloud and removing the junk. Seems like every app wants to back data up to iCloud whether it's important or not. You can lower that by using dropbox or some other cloud storage if you wanted to.

I keep a backup on my computer and back things up to iCloud I couldn't do without if I couldn't get to my computer. So I never even come close to 5GB with all the iWare I have.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd be looking at what apps are saving what to iCloud and removing the junk. Seems like every app wants to back data up to iCloud whether it's important or not. You can lower that by using dropbox or some other cloud storage if you wanted to.

I keep a backup on my computer and back things up to iCloud I couldn't do without if I couldn't get to my computer. So I never even come close to 5GB with all the iWare I have.

What is Dropbox. Does it cost?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Dropbox is free, there are paid upgrades I believe but I've never really had a need. You can get extra storage through invites and testing beta functions. I have 8GB of available storage at this point and it's plenty for what I do. The nice thing is there are a lot of iOS apps that integrate well with Dropbox as well as an app designed for it specifically.

If you do sign up (and for anyone for that matter) there was a recent deal to increase your storage by using a beta version that automatically uploaded your photos from any camera, including an iPhone, to Dropbox.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

Reactions: 1982ollie