how do i remove a device from my itunes?

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i sold my old iphone to a friend and let him use my apple id to buy apps etc. i now dont want him using it as i dont speak to him. I found out i need to go to itunes account settings and under the new "itunes in the cloud" section to click on manage my devices but that option is not there. i have found many threads who also complain there is no "manage devices" option under the itunes in the cloud section so whats going wrong? cheers

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
i sold my old iphone to a friend and let him use my apple id to buy apps etc. i now dont want him using it as i dont speak to him. I found out i need to go to itunes account settings and under the new "itunes in the cloud" section to click on manage my devices but that option is not there. i have found many threads who also complain there is no "manage devices" option under the itunes in the cloud section so whats going wrong? cheers

You can't really remove it and stop him using the device totally. Just remove access to your iTunes account. To do that you can change your password or go to the iTunes account settings and remove the device from your account. Although if he knows your password he can put it back so you really need to change your iTunes password.

Last edited:

elk49

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
That's the question...how do I remove my device from the account? Easy enough to say " remove device from account" ...but how?

Amygarcia23

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I can't find account settings on itunes. I have a new iphone, all my music is on my old iphone and didn't transfer with all my photos and contacts, i can not get itunes to sync my music to my new phone, do i have to remove my old iphone from itunes and how do I do this?

Gary Cheney

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey amygarcia23...if the music is not purchased from iTunes you can not copy it from the old phone to the new phone, only purchased items will transfer and sync. If the music was imported from cd or some other source it will have to be added back to the iTunes library then you can sync it to the new phone. If the only place you have it is the old phone you will have to search google for a 3rd party software that can "pull" the music from the old phone and copy it to the computer then you can readd it to iTunes and sync to the new phone! Hope this helps :)

Gary Cheney

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Changing the password will be your best solution, once you change it the next time your ex-friend tries to make a purchase it will ask him for the new password and unless he knows your birthday and can answer your security questions he will not be able to change it back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods