Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sting7k
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Default how do i remove a device from my itunes?

i sold my old iphone to a friend and let him use my apple id to buy apps etc. i now dont want him using it as i dont speak to him. I found out i need to go to itunes account settings and under the new "itunes in the cloud" section to click on manage my devices but that option is not there. i have found many threads who also complain there is no "manage devices" option under the itunes in the cloud section so whats going wrong? cheers
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,455 Global Posts

Dean, here is a link that explains exactly what you need to do to remove one of your devices from iTunes: iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    Dean211284 (03-29-2012)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,508 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Log into itunes and change your email and password for apple... that would be a first step
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,577 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Dean211284 View Post
    i sold my old iphone to a friend and let him use my apple id to buy apps etc. i now dont want him using it as i dont speak to him. I found out i need to go to itunes account settings and under the new "itunes in the cloud" section to click on manage my devices but that option is not there. i have found many threads who also complain there is no "manage devices" option under the itunes in the cloud section so whats going wrong? cheers
    You can't really remove it and stop him using the device totally. Just remove access to your iTunes account. To do that you can change your password or go to the iTunes account settings and remove the device from your account. Although if he knows your password he can put it back so you really need to change your iTunes password.
    Last edited by sting7k; 04-02-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    Dan McSorley likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: how do i remove a device from my itunes?

That's the question...how do I remove my device from the account? Easy enough to say " remove device from account" ...but how?

Global Posts
    7,615 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Default how do i remove a device from my itunes?

Go into account settings in iTunes and you'll see a link for associated devices.
    iPhone Nanite

I can't find account settings on itunes. I have a new iphone, all my music is on my old iphone and didn't transfer with all my photos and contacts, i can not get itunes to sync my music to my new phone, do i have to remove my old iphone from itunes and how do I do this?
    iPhone Nanite

Hey amygarcia23...if the music is not purchased from iTunes you can not copy it from the old phone to the new phone, only purchased items will transfer and sync. If the music was imported from cd or some other source it will have to be added back to the iTunes library then you can sync it to the new phone. If the only place you have it is the old phone you will have to search google for a 3rd party software that can "pull" the music from the old phone and copy it to the computer then you can readd it to iTunes and sync to the new phone! Hope this helps
    iPhone Nanite

Changing the password will be your best solution, once you change it the next time your ex-friend tries to make a purchase it will ask him for the new password and unless he knows your birthday and can answer your security questions he will not be able to change it back.