Configuring iCloud accounts for sharing Photo Stream(s)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am really confused about how to set up my photo stream using iCloud addresses.

I have the following equipment:
2 iPhones
2 iPads
3 Macs
3 Apple TVs

The iPads and iPhones each have their own iCloud account/email address. There is also a common iCloud email address. Each device uses its unique address ('device@me.com') for email, and apparently iCloud photo stream? and the common address ('common@me.com') has been added to each device for the purpose of sharing a common family contact list and family calendar(s).

The problem comes in when trying to share a single photo stream. It appears that the only address for the photo stream that is available is the unique address ('device@me.com'), and I cannot use the common address ('common@me.com'). How can I set this up so that I can view ALL photos from ALL devices on my Macs and my Apple TVs? It appears that there is only one iCloud account allowed on the Apple TVs and the Macs.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
When setting up multiple iCloud accounts on the same device, one has to be primary (accessible from iCloud in Settings) and one secondary (accessible from Mail in Settings).

Now, your primary account must be the common@me.com on all your devices. This will ensure that PhotoStream is shared among all devices with this common@me.com as primary. Make sure to turn off other services such as Mail for this primary account but keep contacts and calendars activated.

After that, configure your secondary account on each device using the device me.com and disable all services except mail (or whatever unique service you want for a particular device).

That way, common@me.com will handle PhotoStream, Contacts, Calendars, Find my iDevice, etc... and device@me.com will handle Mail.

Hope this works :)

Reactions: Fausty82

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So the trick is to make the 'common@me.com' the entry in the iCloud information in Settings? Got it.. will try it and report back... THANKS.

Edit: Worked like a charm... thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2