photo stream

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
sorry not camera roll

photo stream ?

is there a limit...if so does it start deleting the oldest photo when it needs space ?

thanks

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I wonder the same thing, I started using photostream about 3 months ago and so far I have 400 pictures, I was under the impression the pictures would be removed after 30 days but I still have all of them there..

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've noticed the same thing. I have taken a few hundred asunder day one and they are all still there. I was under the impression after 3 months they'd dip off. Not happening yet. But as long as they are all in iPhoto safely its not an issue if they do start dropping from the stream.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. I have taken a few hundred asunder day one and they are all still there. I was under the impression after 3 months they'd dip off. Not happening yet. But as long as they are all in iPhoto safely its not an issue if they do start dropping from the stream.

I was under the impression of understanding PhotoStream as it will hold the most recent 1,000 photos you have -- so, if you have say 1,100 photos and 100 of them are more than 30 days old from the time they were taken, those oldest 100 will drop off PhotoStream, still leaving you with the most recent 1,000 taken. So it would make sense that if you have under 1,000 they will still be in PhotoStream because it didn't hit its 1,000 quota, so to speak.

i hope i explained that so it wasnt confusing:)

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, iCloud only stores the most-recent images, that doesn?t mean you?ll lose older pictures. Just as Jeremy said , any pictures sent to iPhoto (or, on a Windows PC, to its designated images folder) will be permanently stored on your computer.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Well, iCloud only stores the most-recent images, that doesn?t mean you?ll lose older pictures. Just as Jeremy said , any pictures sent to iPhoto (or, on a Windows PC, to its designated images folder) will be permanently stored on your computer.

I noticed that with the new Windows control panel, any pics deleted from your phone (PhotoStream) will be deleted from the PC. Does this mean the Photostream folder on the PC will now delete any pics older than 30days/above the 1000 limit?

Reactions: TurboTiger

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I noticed that with the new Windows control panel, any pics deleted from your phone (PhotoStream) will be deleted from the PC. Does this mean the Photostream folder on the PC will now delete any pics older than 30days/above the 1000 limit?

Still learning something new everyday. Didn't know you could set up Photo Stream on a Windows PC.

Tks rstark

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
You can but it is a bit slower syncing with your iPhone or iPad than your mac is, that's from my experience

Tks for the heads-up itsalexaye.

Since I got my iPhone 4S a month ago, I am exclusively using my iPhone when taking photos.
In the past I stored all of my photos on Picasa Web. (close to 4GB)
So my thinking was enable Photo Stream on my Windows laptop and them auto sync to Picasa Web through Picasa on my laptop.

Or can you or anyone reading this post, suggest an app for my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 to sync with Picasa Web.
The app store has several apps but just wanted to some opinions from this forum.

Any help would be appreciated.

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73