Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Default Calendar Issues on iPad and iPhone

I just noticed that on my iPhone and iPad, all calendar entries prior to February 2012 are missing. But when I go to the calendars at icloud.com and Outlook Express, everything is there. What would cause this to happen? What I'd like to know is how to restore the missing data to my two devices. I can't figure it out but know there must be a way. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Neal

Check your setting and make sure you have it to sync all.

iPhone.
    iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB - 2014 Mac Book Air

Got a question:
    New to the Forums:
    How we work around here:
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Beginner

I feel really stupid asking you this but where is this setting? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks for the reply.

Neal
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

That option doesn't exist with the iCloud account. It does with every other (kind) of account. Odd.

Global Posts
    22,285 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by sandman1318 View Post
    I feel really stupid asking you this but where is this setting? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks for the reply.

Neal
    Settings-Mail,Contacts,Calendars
    Scroll down to the next to last setting (Calendars) and select to sync all events. When I purchased my iPhone in October 2011, I imported my Google calendar entries into my iCloud account. When I open my calendar via my iPhone and my iPad, I can peruse my calendar entries all the way back to 2009.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Scroll down to the next to last setting (Calendars) and select to sync all events. When I purchased my iPhone in October 2011, I imported my Google calendar entries into my iCloud account. When I open my calendar via my iPhone and my iPad, I can peruse my calendar entries all the way back to 2009.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    Yep, that was it! I don't know how I missed it. I also can't understand how both my iphone and iPad were set to sync only one month back. They never used to be. Thanks for the help.

Neal
    Last edited by sandman1318; 03-06-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    What did you do to import your Google Cal ??
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Calendar Issues on iPad and iPhone

Hi, Sorry to bother you but I am also having trouble with my calendar and I don't know if you can help. I initally had a problem that just March was missing in the monthly view and it went back to the home screen when I tried to flick over from April or Feb. I then got March to open in weekly view - it seemed to stick there and now I can't open calenders at all - it just goes straight back to the home sceen.
    Any ideas?! Thanks!
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Calendar Issues on iPad and iPhone

I'd say got to Settings \ Mail Calendar Contacts and turn off Calendar, choose delete from iPhone (I'm guessing you save all your Calendar items to your respective online account, iCloud or GMail, etc.).

Then go to the Calendar and make sure all the months show, albeit it will be blank. Once done go back to settings and then set Calendar to on again.

Now check to see if the Calendar now has all your items and shows the respective months.

Quote Originally Posted by Telluk View Post
    Hi, Sorry to bother you but I am also having trouble with my calendar and I don't know if you can help. I initally had a problem that just March was missing in the monthly view and it went back to the home screen when I tried to flick over from April or Feb. I then got March to open in weekly view - it seemed to stick there and now I can't open calenders at all - it just goes straight back to the home sceen.
    Any ideas?! Thanks!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: Calendar Issues on iPad and iPhone

One other idea - before trying anything else (especially deleting stuff), try removing the offending app from your fast app switcher and do a reset. That seems to cure the majority of issues that creep up in iOS.