Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Downloading to multiple devices

If I buy/download something on my iPhone or iPad shouldn't it show up on the other device? Both devices are set up to do so, but if I download a PodCast for instance, it doesn't show up on the other device.

My brain is not working today, otherwise I would have searched.

Global Posts
    17,400 Global Posts
    iOS Version

If you have apps, music & books, if enabled in the App Store settings, and photos, if photo stream is enabled, will show up on all of your devices, however, I'm not certain about actual podcasts and files from certain apps.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Downloading to multiple devices

We have 3 devices (1 iPhone 3GS and 2 4S's) on the same iTunes account. The cloud is turned off on all 3 devices and is off in iTunes yet when one of us downloads an app it is showing up on the other devices. Not always but sometimes. We've even had stuff show up that none of us downloaded. Any suggestions? Anything I have missed?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

Default Downloading to multiple devices

I have three devices (4s, 5, ipad). Let's say you download app on i5. Next go to 4s, hit app store, hit update, then hit purchased (top of screen). Next all apps (free or paid will appear) from all devices. Select app you want by clicking arrow key to the right of it. If the app is already on device, you will see "open" instead of the arrow.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    i5, 4s, MacPro, And iPad 3 ......Life is Great As Long As You Make it That Way