iPhone 4S won't backup to iCloud

Froglips

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife has a 4S, I have a 4. As far as I can tell both are set up identically on the iCloud and through iTunes (separate computers). My phone backs up to the iCloud every day. Her phone backed up on Dec 21st when we first set up her new phone.

I have tried turning the iCloud backup on and off. I have tried reloading the iCloud software. No change.

Looking for other suggestions.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Jeremy,
Yes, connected to WiFi. I have tried switching to back-up to PC and it does. When I switch back to iCloud, it syncs but the last back up date remains Dec 2011.

What about forcing the backup manually? I would also go in and delete any old backups and try again.

angelgirl8906

May 8, 2013
Visit site
How do you delete old backups on the cloud? How do you manually force a backup? I keep getting an error saying there's not enough space. I've deleted a lot yet it's still saying not enough room.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You force the backup from iCloud on your phone once it is on. Meaning it is toggled on where it will then say Back Up Now.
One last thing although you mentioned to Jeremy that you are connected to WI FI from the phone to your router, You do know also that your screen has to be locked once you plug in to charge and it should then back up to the cloud. Go back and make sure all these are in place and that is how you are doing yours and also try the force backup. As far as not enough room, You may have exceeded your free space limit.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73