Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Default iCloud HELP please

I have 3 devices

1 mac book air running newest OS

1 Iphone 4

1 i pad 2

iCloud is set up on all devices

I save a doc in pages on my iPad or iPhone and it syncs

When I save a doc on the mac book it does not upload, nor does it see documents created on either iOS device.

If I look in settings/icloud/manage on the macbook I see the documents but can't open them.

Also is there a way to print to a non airplay printer, I have a wireless printer that my laptop prints to, Id love to print from my iOS devices....

Thanks
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by cpc12 View Post
    I have 3 devices

1 mac book air running newest OS

1 Iphone 4

1 i pad 2

iCloud is set up on all devices

I save a doc in pages on my iPad or iPhone and it syncs

When I save a doc on the mac book it does not upload, nor does it see documents created on either iOS device.

If I look in settings/icloud/manage on the macbook I see the documents but can't open them.

Also is there a way to print to a non airplay printer, I have a wireless printer that my laptop prints to, Id love to print from my iOS devices....

Thanks
    Not sure about your Mac book with iCloud as I use windows but I would double check the settings .. Also the printer question

Yes you can if you install software on your computer but if your comp is off then it would defeat the point

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

no one has any ideas..

iCloud sucks
    iMore Newbie

My I mac will not show any docs or sync with other iOS devices though iPhone and iPad would via iCloud. Apparently this is well known and hopefully this will be sorted in future updates( source genius bar apple store UK and USA )
    I use airport express for wireless printing if you haven't got AirPlay enabled printers.

---
    I am here:
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    20,845 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Whatever changes I make on my devices, be it my MacBook, iPad 2 or iPhone 4S, in regard to the calendar, notes, contact list, bookmarks and email, the changes are synced between my devices. I do not have the Documents & Data feature enabled for syncing, but I'll be glad to enable it and test it out for you.
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version

I hate too........:o .To this date the lines at the Apple Stores are not for new products, the lines are there for people with major problems with the I-Cloud in their Skies !!!!
    Chairman of the Bored ©