Gmail contacts and iCloud contacts question?

spencer500

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I currently use Gmail for all of my contacts, but I want to transition to iCloud for the added database fields (ie. relationships etc.). I seem to remember seeing a review of an application in the past 2 weeks that was written to keep gmail and icloud contacts in sync? I cannot find it on the site. Can someone remind me what that app was? Ultimately, I would like to use the icloud database for my contacts but want to continue to use gmail for calendars and email (so I need my contacts also replicated in gmail).

Thank you in advance.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have not found a way to keep gmail and iCloud in sync in real time I don't think it's possible one trick is add your self as a contact on iCloud but keep all others on gmail that was Siri can keep track of relationship to you.

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i found that even thought gmail initially carried my contacts over, icloud and gmail were NOT syncing properly after that. i dont like the possibility of having duplicated contacts and having to worry about it. i went though both my phone and gmail on a computer and confirmed that all contacts were synced. then i shut off gmail contact sync and just kept icloud. no need for the BS anymore.

btw, changes applied to gmail would show on the device, but changes made to the phone wouldnt show on gmail. on the phone, you still have "two" contact lists - icloud and gmail, which are just linked/merged. too much of a mess and hassle.

TModel

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Gmail contacts and iCloud contacts question

I'm afraid I'm not very technical, but in the past few days I was able to sync my calendar and contacts with Google as well on my 4s and IPad 2 even though I have different passwords to the cloud. Just set up a new account for Microsoft Exchange in settings and select both the calendar, email and contacts. By doing this on each machine, my 4s calendar and contacts would sync with Google calendar and contacts and, in turn, my IPad would sync with Google calendar and contacts essentially syncing both devices. It works perfectly even without the cloud. Even if I make entries in a non-WiFi environment, once I have access to WiFi, my devices are synced.

Hope this helps.