How to sync purchasediCloud music after restoring?
Just restored 5.0.1 on my iPhone 4 and it won't sync any of my music that I purchased on iTunes. I have it set to sync entire library, all the music is checked but it will not sync. All ripped music syncs fine, it's just itunes purchased music that's the issue. I backup and restore via iCloud and the music is not automatically downloading back to the phone. I can go to iTunes app on the phone and manually download all the music from the Cloud, but there are hundreds of songs. I have both iTunes and my phone set to automatically download purchases. Do I really have to download all the music manually from the iPhone?
Last edited by DJ Hellfire; 12-27-2011 at 08:18 PM.
- 12-28-2011, 06:03 AM #2
Yeah, that works but you have to download each song/album one by one. And I have a lot of purchased music. I don't know why it won't just sync from iTunes on the computer since its all in there. It shows up on the phone in iTunes, but it's greeted out and doesn't show on the actual iPhone.
- 12-28-2011, 09:13 AM #4
- 06-16-2012, 01:15 AM #5iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
- 06-16-2012, 09:19 AM #6
I recently restored as new, and was having issues getting my music to sync properly.
I had double playlists, some songs would download and play from iCloud and some wouldn't, etc.
What finally worked was:
- turning of iTunes Match in iTunes (Advanced-Turn Off iTunes Match)
- turning off iTunes Match on my iPhone (Settings-Music-iTunes Match)
- delete all music from device (Settings-General-Usage-Storage-Music-Edit-Delete)
- in iTunes, uncheck sync music, then click Apply/Synch
This gave me a clean slate to work with.
- next, in iTunes, check synch music
- synch as usual