iTunes Match: It Doesn’t Just Work?
So my experience with iTunes Match has been good and bad. The good part is I can now get to all my music from anywhere. The bad part is getting the music is painful at time. I wanted to list some of the problems I have been having with iTunes Match to see if anyone else has been encountering the same.
1. The Song Title/Artist header fails to clear when I move from playing to song, so for instance if I go from Song-->Album-->Artist--->All Artists I get all the above all mashed together on the header.
2. Often times when I select to play a song it will skip to the song below the one I picked and start playing that one instead, with and without a local copy of either song on the device.
3. I get play lag all the time. The time bar will be moving but the song is not actually playing, this is with songs that are locally on my device.
4. There are a couple of instances, mostly with playlists that have a mix of local and non-local songs, where the song playing is not actually the right song. For instance when I select to play a Red Hot Chili Peppers song it starts playing the track below it, while still showing the Peppers song as the one currently playing.
5. When I select to play a song, iTunes Match will automatically start to download the tracks before and after the one I selected, provided neither have already been downloaded. And that’s if I tap the little cloud button or just tap the track to start playing. This is almost forgivable, I see what they were trying to do, but for someone with a limited data plan on my phone, I would like to have control over which songs actually get downloaded. But this is also a streaming implementation feature; Apple has always shied away from calling Match a streaming service.
Anyway curious to see if anyone has encountered all or any of these problems as well