Possible to change/create new iCloud email?

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I love the alias option! I created an alias for all those website registrations, purchases, newsletters, etc that we all sign up for. It makes it easy to sort, not to mention I created a much shorter alias than my actual iCloud email address..

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...curious, with adding an Alias, I can see how to make it the default online, via iCloud, but on your iOS device is there a way to make that address the default?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Guys, when sending emails from the iphone with the new alias dont forget to select it from the " from " field, otherwise it will use your default me.com address

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I love this. I have now made iCloud my main email account. Just transferred the thousands of emails I had from Gmail. Plus, no advertising (yet)!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...but do you use your alias account as your 'main' email address? If yes, when sending emails from your iOS devices, you have to always select that email address to send from, no?

I love this. I have now made iCloud my main email account. Just transferred the thousands of emails I had from Gmail. Plus, no advertising (yet)!

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
...but do you use your alias account as your 'main' email address? If yes, when sending emails from your iOS devices, you have to always select that email address to send from, no?

The only workaround I found was on the Apple support forums.

Use the OTHER option instead of iCloud or MobileMe. Use the alias as the email address. Incoming mail server is mail.me.com. User name and password is your primary acct name. Outgoing server is smtp.mail.com.

This will allow you to send mail from alias. You will continue to receive mail for all aliases and the primary.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Leo if you add the account onto the device as 'Other', can you make it the iMessage default then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The only workaround I found was on the Apple support forums.

Use the OTHER option instead of iCloud or MobileMe. Use the alias as the email address. Incoming mail server is mail.me.com. User name and password is your primary acct name. Outgoing server is smtp.mail.com.

This will allow you to send mail from alias. You will continue to receive mail for all aliases and the primary.[/I]

if i read correctly, using this method, incoming mail will only be accessible by fetch and not push, can anyone who is using this confirm?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234