Where's my icloud backup files?

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I backed-up my iphone 4S on icloud and can't seem to find any evidence of the back-up files on icloud.com.

Where are they? How do I access them if I have restore from icloud?

Thanks!

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Didn't really answer my question.....where are the files located? I can't find them on icloud and obviously they are not on the phone.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You can only access them when you're restoring. When you go to set up your phone, it will ask if you want to restore from iCloud or iTunes. You cannot view the actual files, only access the most recent backup when you're doing a restore, and only from the phone, as Verwon said.

sdakidd

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
If you go into Icloud settings on your I device you can see what's being backed up. I just checked mine and a app called condition one was taking up 1.5 gigs so I axed it.

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Yes I can see what's being backed up on the iphone, I just wanted to see the files on icloud, or at least some sort of confirmation on icloud that the back-up was done.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You don't have access to the files from your PC. Confirmation that a backup was performed is done by viewing the iCloud backup status from your phone. To restore from an iCloud backup, you restore your phone then as you login to your iCloud you will be asked if you wish to restore from backup. That's it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to sync my iPhone with PC but devices frayed out and can't find sync button! Help

1. Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes.
2. With a USB cord that you use to charge your iPhone, connect your iPhone to your PC.
3. If iTunes doesn't automatically initiate, go ahead and initiate it.
4. You should see "iPhone" in the upper right corner after iTunes detect it.
5. Select the "Summary" tab.
6. You should see "sync" in the bottom right corner of the screen. Select the "Sync" option to sync your iPhone to your PC.

Rockstarhaze

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to check my iCloud files to see when they last synced - my iPhone's been stolen
I have not manage section online, only account settings
Any ideas?

Is it best to sync a new iPhone with the iTunes back-up (11 days old) or iCloud (unknown date!)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ya... thats not what i meant. I backed up my iphone/computer so when i log in to the iCloud client on a PC i can see there is a backup file but I cannot access it. Icloud.com only has contacts and stuff. I want all my pictures and everything on my PC
iCloud is not a storage system. It just backs up what is on your device at that time. There is no photo albums or collections to go look at. And it changes with each back up. If you want something backed up, be sure it stays on your phone. You can plug your phone into your computer and sync your photos to the "My Pictures". Then you will have them on your computer. Or you can store photos on cloud based apps like Dropbox or Box.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Then icloud is completely useless!!
Hardly. We do have choices and options. You don't have to use iCloud. You can back up your phone to iTunes. But it's basically doing the same thing. There are options for storing files and documents. Dropbox, Box, OneDrive and others. But you may want some photos on your camera roll. So if those, your app data, your contacts, calendar and reminder info are on your phone and you drop your phone in the River, you can retrieve it all back from iCloud on a new phone. And it gets better with iOS 8 and iCloud Drive. Your phone should be backed up. There's 2 choices. iCloud and/or iTunes. Both is best.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods