iTunes Match not matching common songs in iTunes

kaschykb

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have very common and popular music files (i.e. Rihanna etc) in my iTunes library that are not being matched. The id tags for the songs have been cleaned by TuneUp and look to be in good order but for some reason iTunes Match is forcing me to upload these files. My issue with this is that the files are sometimes 196 kbps and when iTunes Match forces me to upload the files, only the same 196 kbps file can be downloaded/"matched". Any idea why this might be?

Also, iTunes Match gets hung up in "Step 3: Uploading artwork and remaining songs" it says it's uploading 1 of 4 remaining files but gets hung up. I've let it sit there for 12+ hours but never will get past that point. I wish it would tell me what the 4 files are it's trying to upload. Anybody know a trick to finding that out? Thanks

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
If there is something off, even slightly, such as the listed track length, it is hard to get them to match.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
If there is something off, even slightly, such as the listed track length, it is hard to get them to match.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

I don't know about this. I did some testing with some songs that were off from the listed iTunes length and they matched. Also I had a few songs that I hadn't edited the id3 tag yet and they matched also. On the other hand I have a few hundred out of roughly 3000 that didn't match and I know a lot of them have correct length and id3 tags.

Has anyone had a song that didnt match and have it match at a later time?

Pipester13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have about 30 songs out of my two thousand that didn't match. The majority of the Green Day - American Idiot album didn't match because the tracks on the CD are different than the tracks iTunes sells. The others must be mainly because of time, if they are off by as much as a second (in some cases) then it will not match. I found that by deleting the song and re-ripping it into my iTunes library (though it's not preferred because I lost play count, etc.) at 256 CBR, it fixed the matching problem.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll