So, what happens to my less than 96 kbps MP3's?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I have my cd's digitized to MP3's using VBR. Some tracks, especially quiet passages in orchestral works, show up as less than 96 kbps and are ineligible for iCloud match. They don't get uploaded to the iCloud.

Meanwhile, I switched my iPhone to iCloud and these files are not accessible on it, either through the cloud or by syncing to iTunes.

Are these tracks lost to me (as far as listening to them on my iDevices is concerned?

Aloke

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
You can convert your <96kbsp songs into 128kbps AAC files. Just right click on them in your iTunes library and "Create AAC Version". Unless they are protected files, they will convert and then you'll be able to load them into iCloud. I'm not sure what to do about other "Not Elibable" songs, though.

- fizz

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Thanks much for the suggestion.

Any way to have iTunes create the AAC version in the same directory as the source files? I manage my own files and directories in the music libraries. Itunes is creating the AAC versions in its own preferred directories.

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks much for the suggestion.

Any way to have iTunes create the AAC version in the same directory as the source files? I manage my own files and directories in the music libraries. Itunes is creating the AAC versions in its own preferred directories.

I don't know if itunes will let you pick where they but you can always move them, delete them from the itunes library then add them from the location of your choosing to the library.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73