I need to create a mobileme account?

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So my fianc? and I share an Apple ID for purchases. We wanted separate iCloud accounts so she went ahead and created a whole new Apple ID for iCloud. Now when she goes into settings/iCloud and turns mail on it saying she needs to make an @me address?

View attachment 11446

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
That is odd. Are you creating it with a new username, or trying to use an old one?

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Sign out of your aol account then create a new @me.com address for iCloud. If you are using the aol account for your iTunes purchases just sign in to that in the store section. They can be separate.

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a new Apple ID that she had just set up to use for iCloud. Her Apple ID and iCloud email is the same.

Right now she is signed in with the Apple ID that we are sharing which is a different @aol email account.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but it should be a me.com addy.

We finally got it figured out. What I had to do was go into iCloud instead of MobileMe and set it up. I never would have thought of that since she already had an iCloud account. Weird I know but hey its up and running lol.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
We finally got it figured out. What I had to do was go into iCloud instead of MobileMe and set it up. I never would have thought of that since she already had an iCloud account. Weird I know but hey its up and running lol.

Well, whatever works! Glad you figured it out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR