Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts

Default Which is the Master?

I have iPhone, IPad and PC. When syncing to iCloud, which is the "master" device? I ask because I have separate contacts, bookmarks, etc on each and for now I'm keeping them separate by having the correct toggles turned off. BUT if I wanted to get them all on the same page, which page would they be on? The iPhone, the iPad or the PC? Is there a way to tell each machine "sync to IPhone" for example.
    iMore Pro

623 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

None of the above devices are the master. As Steve Jobs explained at iCloud's unveiling, "The truth is in the cloud". They've done away with a device being the master, and now the cloud is the master. Changes from any device connected to iCloud are 'store and save'. So if you update a contact, it's stored in the cloud, then pushed to all devices. Easier approach than the old MobileMe/.Mac standard of syncing....keeping track of what device has the latest data was a complete nightmare.