Multiple device problem

Nicci5

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
My husband & I both have an iPhone and we have 1 iPad between us. I set up his phone as 1 iCloud Id and my phone and iPad as another. My problem is that when I text him, his phone says it is coming from the iPad (our email address named Home) instead of from my phone. Do all devices need to be on different iCloud ids? We want all our calendars and photos to be synced together. :confused:

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
My husband & I both have an iPhone and we have 1 iPad between us. I set up his phone as 1 iCloud Id and my phone and iPad as another. My problem is that when I text him, his phone says it is coming from the iPad (our email address named Home) instead of from my phone. Do all devices need to be on different iCloud ids? We want all our calendars and photos to be synced together. :confused:

Let me try to break this down a bit. :)

If your iCloud ID is on your iPad and on your Phone, then yes it's going to want to use the email address for iMessage. That's kind of the point. If your husband sends an iMessage back then it would be on your phone and on the iPad since they use the same ID. My only suggestion is to check your iMessage settings on your phone and see if your phone number is set as the Caller ID. Settings -> Messages -> Receive At -> Caller ID.

As for the calendars and photos, I believe you can share calendars between different iCloud accounts. Photos I'm not sure about.

Nicci5

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Let me try to break this down a bit. :)

If your iCloud ID is on your iPad and on your Phone, then yes it's going to want to use the email address for iMessage. That's kind of the point. If your husband sends an iMessage back then it would be on your phone and on the iPad since they use the same ID. My only suggestion is to check your iMessage settings on your phone and see if your phone number is set as the Caller ID. Settings -> Messages -> Receive At -> Caller ID.

As for the calendars and photos, I believe you can share calendars between different iCloud accounts. Photos I'm not sure about.

My Caller ID settings on my phone are as you suggested except that under Settings, Messages, it says Receive at: 2 addresses and then a screen showing my Apple ID and both my phone and my email address. When you tap Caller ID, it shows my phone and my email, but the phone has a checkmark. Also, my iPad doesn't receive my incoming iMessages, only my phone. I can, however, use my iPad to create an outgoing message to another iphone user. So, basically I can't understand why my husband is receiving messages saying they are from 'home' instead of my iphone. Should I give my ipad a completely different icloud address for messages? I thought the whole point was to be able to see all iMessages on both devices. Soo confused. I wish Apple would give out more precise instructions when they change everything. This is all so new to me. thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2