iCloud Bookmark sync destroying browser?9,000 bookmarks and counting!

ntm#IM

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I've always enjoyed bookmark syncing between my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. I did the conversion from MobileMe to iCloud last month, and my bookmarks have somehow become replicated (folders, bookmarks, bookmarks bar folder, etc) and has grown to an amount that seems to choke the browser on my phone.

Turning off Bookmark Sync under iCloud settings SHOULD delete bookmarks on the device, but this only worked on the iPad but not on the phone. It lets me turn them off but does not delete them. Every time I turn it back on, I think it doubles the bookmarks again. Now I have close to 10,000 folders and associated bookmarks.

The other option that should work is the iTunes option to overwrite the device with the computer's bookmarks. I tried this and get the error that the "sync could not continue because the iPhone canceled the sync." I'm hoping someone can help me

a. Clear the bookmarks from my iPhone
b. Somehow reset the bookmarks in iCloud because it seems that they will never be overwritten by the devices

I'm hoping someone has an idea! Thanks in advance.

Nick

ntm#IM

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Bookmark count on iPhone is actually 32,000+

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I know I've seen someone mention it before, but I've never seen any solutions. Any help would be appreciated.

I got the 4S but I still can't use bookmark sync which is really irritating. There's no way I can delete all of them manually from the device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2