Calendar Alarms in iCloud

onaffaa

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have 3 calendars setup on iCloud,(home, personal, and work) I only want to share the alerts with 1 of them with my wife's device, however she gets the alerts from my work and personal calendars. I only have home checked off on her calendar, but she gets the notifications and alerts for all 3 calendars. I would appreciate any help on this.

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
How are you sharing the calendars between you two? do you both share the same iCloud account?

Try going to 'Settings', then 'Mail, Contacts Calendars', and then scroll all the way down where calendars is and go to Default Calendar. Now try to make the default Calendar the default one and see if that works.

This is just troubleshooting. I have helped many family members with their icloud/iphone issues and so i'm trying to help you with your situation, but I have no idea if this is a fix because I have never came across this problem.

Hope this helps.

onaffaa

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Freiteez, I checked that and we are both set to home as the default calendar, I will try to change my default calendar to work and see If that corrects the problem. Also, we are sharing the same iCloud account, I thought that was the only way.

onaffaa

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
After trying to change the default calendars on each device to no avail, I called Apple support. They told me that it was not possible. Any calendar created on the same iCloud account would sound alerts and show notifications on any device with that account.

Does anyone have any ideas for a way around this..might sound like a minor thing but very annoying.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW