iCloud and contacts on two iPhones

Qfanvnaa

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have both iOS5, everything is good except for contacts. We sync using one iTunes account, and now my wife has all of her contacts and all of mine as well. Is there a way to make sure she only has her contacts on her phone? I tried to not sync contacts via the cloud on her phone, but then all her contacts disappeared. Any ideas?

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have both iOS5, everything is good except for contacts. We sync using one iTunes account, and now my wife has all of her contacts and all of mine as well. Is there a way to make sure she only has her contacts on her phone? I tried to not sync contacts via the cloud on her phone, but then all her contacts disappeared. Any ideas?

I had to do this for my wife and I on our iPhone 4's.

You need to set up her own iCloud account which will let her store all of that info separately. You can still share the iTunes account so that your apps and music are still shared. They're independent of each other, even though you can use the same Apple ID for both if you choose. I'm not sure how to clean up the unified Contacts at this point though. :confused: Basically what happened was a merge of both of your info since you both sync'd to the same iCloud account.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen